Wow so its officially day 366 of 366!!! As the end of the year draws closer, its only right to reflect and prepare for the new year. I have to be honest with you guys 2016 has been a roller coaster of a year (not the fun kind of roller coaster) but I have to thank God for all the bad and good that has happened. I have come to realise that every TRIAL I went through was to shape my faith and character. I have learned so many lessons this year, which I am going to share with you. Hopefully this will help you in 2017.
I also had some good times in 2016 for example travelling to Berlin with my family, my aunt got married, watching my niece grow and also coming to terms with being a freelancer/ self-employed individual. My blog has grown in so many ways that I never expected and for that I have to thank you my loyal readers for leaving comments, sharing my posts, subscribing to my blog. May God Bless you all richly.
Here are 10 things that I learnt from 2016:
- Always follow your gut instinct. If it doesn’t feel right don’t do it.
- Be faithful to God. All good things come when you seek his glory.
- Set boundaries. Sometimes it’s worth setting boundaries on relationships, friendships etc in order for them to flourish.
- Plan Prepare then Execute. As nice as it sounds to do things NOW sometimes it better to wait it out, do things.
- If at first you don’t succeed, try again.
- Life is unpredictable so be prepared for anything.
- Be bold about your story, brand, business OWN IT. And do not be ashamed to show your imperfect parts of your life.
- Stand your ground and never let anyone disrespect you.
- Stay away from toxic people who bring you down – be around people who bring out the best version of you.
- Lastly don’t forget to Breathe, Relax, Re-energise, Refocus. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
On that note I wish you the very best 2017. I’m so blessed to have you guys and I’m so overwhelmed and moved by your constant loyalty and support to me. Thank you so much!!! I hope you all have an amazing New Years!!!